[Lumiera] Fw: [FrOSCon Alumni] Call for Papers/Projects FrOSCon 2015

Christian Thaeter ct at pipapo.org
Wed Apr 22 13:10:54 CEST 2015

Beginn der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Datum: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:21:30 +0200
Von: Andreas Kupfer <kupfer at froscon.de>
An: alumni at lists.froscon.de
Betreff: [FrOSCon Alumni] Call for Papers/Projects FrOSCon 2015

Hello,

you are receiving this mail because you have previously been involved
with making FrOSCon a successful Free and Open Source Software event.

If you would like to help us out again:  We have started this year's
Call for Papers/Projects. See our website for details:
https://www.froscon.de/en/cfp/ or refer to the texts
below. Please feel free to forward this to anybody who might be
interested.

For the FrOSCon Orga team,

Andreas aka ScottyTM

###################################

# Call for Papers FrOSCon 2015 #

The Free and Open Source software conference (FrOSCon), a summer
conference for users and developers of FOSS, will again be held on the
22nd and 23rd of August at the University of Applied Sciences
Bonn-Rhein-Sieg in Sankt Augustin near Bonn, Germany. It is organized by
the department of computer science in collaboration with the Linux/Unix
User Group Sankt Augustin, the student body and the FrOSCon e.V.

As its key feature, volunteer speakers will hold a comprehensive range
of talks and workshops. Additionally the event offers space and
facilities to Free Software developers and projects to organize their
own meetings or sub conferences. It is topped off with a fair of booths
from FLOSS projects and companies.

# Topics #

We are looking for contributions on current trends and development in
all areas of Free and Open Source Software, e.g.:

- Operating systems
- Software development
- Administration
- IT security
- Legal aspects
- Desktop
- Education

Focus areas in 2015 are:

- "New kids on the net" - the rise of programming languages with a focus
on concurrency and efficency

- "Open Source to go" - Now on your wrist, soon in your arms?

- "Next generation infrastructure" - Everything [Infrastructure,
  Network, Platform, Software] as a Service

- "Acknowledging contributions" - Ways to properly thank ALL the people

- "A decade of Free and Open Source Software" - How progress is
  changing us

Until May 23rd, 2015 developers and experts interested in giving a
lecture or workshop at the conference can submit their proposals. The
selection is done by a program committee early June.

# Submitting Contributions #

Registration and submission of contributions is accomplished via the
web-based frontend at http://cfp.froscon.org/. To participate in the
Call for Papers, you will have to submit a short abstract as well as a
detailed description. To participate in the conference you will also
need to submit slides for your talk beforehand.

# Language #

Contributions can be submitted in German as well as English. The choice
of language should depend solely on which language is more suitable for
presenting the chosen topic. Language of the submitted texts and of the
talk should be the same.

# Length of the contributions #

The abstract should summarize the planned content of the talk in a
precise and succinct way. We do not place a limit on its length.

The talks should take no more than 45 minutes, in order to allow some
time for questions and for preparing the stage for the following
speaker.

We can accept longer contributions in special cases; we ask for a
justification for the longer extent in this case.

# Format #

Abstract and description have to be submitted as plain text via the web
frontend. We ask for submission of the slides in PDF; other open
document format such as OpenOffice should only be submitted after prior
consultation.

# Licenses #

We will publish abstract, description, slides and a video of your
presentation on a website and include the abstract in the conference
program. We demand that you place your contributions under the Creative
Commons Attribution 4.0 International
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ ) license (or a more
lenient license.)

Unless another license is noted, we will assume that your contribution
is under this linse. If you want to place your works under a less
restrictive license, please note so with your submission.

# Selection of Contributions #

Contributions are selected based on their content by a program
committee. Please understand that we cannot accept all contributions
and are limited by the number and quality of the submissions. We will
favor submissions which fall under one of the aforementioned topics.

# Other Remuneration #

FrOSCon is organized by volunteers and is mostly funded by sponsors. We
ask you to understand that we will not be able to reimburse you for your
expenses. In special cases we might be able to help you with your travel
expenses and we continue trying to find sponsors for this. Please get in
touch with us.

# Accomodation #

There will be a contingent of rooms reserved for our speakers in a
nearby hotel. You will receive details on that after your submission
has been accepted.

# Social Event #

We are planning to hold a social event on the evening of the 22th and
kindly invite all speakers to attend.

# Important Dates and Contacts #

May 23rd, 2015 End of the Call for Papers. All contributions need to be
               submitted by this date in order to qualify.

June 8th, 2015 Notification of acceptance of all contributions

June 19th, 2015 Final acceptance. We ask  all invited speakers to give
                their final acceptance by this date.

August 3rd, 2015 Last date for submitting slides

August 22th, 2015 First day of FrOSCon

Further information can be found on the web under
http://www.froscon.org.

Please send questions about the Call for Papers via email to:
program at froscon.org

Contact the organizers via email: contact at froscon.org

Postal address:

FrOSCon e.V.
c/o Fachhochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
53757 Sankt Augustin
Germany

###################################

# FrOSCon 2015 Call for Projects #

Hereby, we invite you to participate in the tenth Free and Open Source
Software Conference (FrOSCon 2015).

FrOSCon is a two-day conference on Free Software and Open Source. It
takes place on August 22nd/23rd, 2015 at the University of Applied
Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, in St. Augustin near Bonn, Germany.

The main part of the conference is a comprehensive range of talks and
workshops. Furthermore, there is a large exhibition area, where projects
have the opportunity to present themselves and get in touch with users
and developers. Moreover, we offer a few rooms for Free Software
projects to organize developer meetings or to present their own program
for the visitors of the conference.

We would be pleased if your project would like to contribute to this
year's FrOSCon and thus support the communication and exchange within
the Open Source and Free Software community. Depending on the kind of
your participation, there is different information available to you.

# Booth #

To sign up for a booth, please visit https://callforprojects.froscon.de
and register your project. Please feel free to contact us for any
questions at exhibitors at froscon.org. The registration for booths will be
open until May 23rd.

# Developer Room #

If your project wants to sign up for a developer room, please visit
https://callforprojects.froscon.de, register your project and submit a
proposal. The proposal should contain a short summary (1-2 paragraphs)
of what you plan to do and special requirements. Since the demand for
developer rooms usually exceeds the number of rooms we can offer, we
will choose the projects which look the most promising to us based on
the submitted proposals. If you have questions concerning the developer
rooms, feel free to contact projects at froscon.org. The deadline for the
submission of developer room proposals is also May 23rd.

# Talk or Workshop #

Additionally our Call for Papers has started. We are looking forward to
your submissions of talks and workshops. You can register via
http://cfp.froscon.org/. For further information concerning the Call for
Papers take a look at http://www.froscon.de/en/cfp/. The Call for Papers
will end on May 23rd, too.

# Important Dates #

May 23, 2015 End of Call for Projects. After this deadline your project
can only be accepted if there is still enough space on the conference
and enough time to organize your participation.

June 15th, 2015 Notification if we accepted your project for a booth
and/or developer room

August 22th, 2015 First day of FrOSCon

We hope to meet you at FrOSCon in St. Augustin.

--
FrOSCon 2015
August 22th - August 23th 2015, St. Augustin, Germany