[Lumiera] tried building gdlmm-3.3.2

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Fri Jul 12 03:57:35 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 03:28:27AM +0200, Ichthyostega wrote:
> Am 09.07.2013 03:24, schrieb Hendrik Boom:
> > Maybe I need to regress my sources.list to a previous Debian release,
> > install the packages I need for lumiera, and then go back to jessie?
> > Though it would kind of defeat the point of trying to build on jessie.
>
> Please don't mess up your Debian installation just for getting Lumeira
> built. This isn't necessary.

I didnt.

Instead, I compiled the gdlmm-3.3.2.tar.xz you gave me and stowed
teh results into the appropriate directories using stow, a tool that
puts symbolic links into the usual installation places pointing to (in
my case) /usr/local,  and even keeps track of them for later removal
when necessary.

Similarly with nobug.

And then fetched gcc-4.7 from mfisher's repository and compiled and run
that.

I'm going to spend a little while playing with and reading about git
and then it'll be time to look for a development project -- one which
will take almost forever because I'll spend most of the time learning
what's what.

-- hendrik.