[Lumiera] jessie

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Fri Jul 12 02:37:56 CEST 2013

Am 11.07.2013 19:37, schrieb Hendrik Boom:
> I heard that you did some work on adapting the lumiera source code to gtk3
> and/or very recent gcc.  Since I run Debian jessie, that's probably what I
> have to deal with.

Hello Hendrik,

you do not *need* to deal with this newest developments, since the
master branch of lumiera builds fine with the default gcc on jessie.
We needed some tweaks for gcc-47, but these are applied on master.
GTK2 is still supported on jessie, and probably installed allready,
since a lot of existing applications still use GTK2

> Could you let me know which branches of which repositories I should be
> looking at?

You'll find these branches in Michael Fisher's repository.

http://git.lumiera.org/gitweb?p=lumiera/mfisher31;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gtk3

At that point, I'd recommend to add a second git remote to your local repository

  git remote add mfisher git://git.lumiera.org/lumiera/mfisher31

and then

  git fetch mfisher

And as a second recommendation: do you use any graphical GUI for Git?
Especially I mean a GUI which shows you the branches and history lines
graphically as a tree. Using such a GUI is a great help when it comes
to navigating multiple branches and understand their relationships.

Personally, I am using "qgit" for this purpose.

-- Hermann