[Lumiera] ANNOUNCE: Lumiera Developer Meeting, November 2012

Benny Lyons Benny.Lyons at gmx.net
Wed Nov 14 10:58:20 CET 2012

Hi,
I've started work on writing a script to modify Asciidoc a little to suite our particular needs; unfortunately, not been able to devote much time yet.
I'd like to discuss a few things about this tonight, this shouldn't take long, I can pose questions here.

Moreover, what would be the best way to initiate a shortterm IRC on Lumiera?  Short message here?  Anyone on IRC within the next couple of hours? or something similar?

For later this evening on IRC:
Being unsure about a few things, I dumped all 'unsure' things into a configuration file. I think I called the script tagit.sh, which is in .../.git/hooks. Where can I best place .tagitrc, the config file?  In ../.git/hooks as well? Or in /etc, or possibly somewhere in /var?  Not a terribly important question, you might think, but then a number of related issues pop up?  Which user runs or should own the pre-script?  surely not root.

At the beginning, it would be nice to write errors to a log file (this can be then turned off, which is what we'll aim for, by a setting in the config file). The location of where the log file is written is also configured in the log file, but where is best: /var/somewhere?  Would there be any write permission problems?

I've decided, more due to some uncertainty rather than providing flexibility, to guide the search path by setting some variable in the config file.  Everything below this directory that ends in *txt, is persummed to be an Asciidoc file and is parsed for various tags which are then substituted.  I see that the directory is ..../doc is just a link to www.lumierawhatever.xx; but knowing the the file and it's path location, how to I get it's link? (I'm probably missing the straight and easy obvious here).  Is it just ..../doc/path/to/this/file.txt --> www.lumierawhatever.xx//doc/path/to/this/file.html ?

I've also decided to provide categories---or did we decide this on our last IRC meeting, I think possibly so; anyway a good idea that can be extended.
So I kicked of with providing a GLOS tag (or whatever I called it for glossary).  GLOS type tags will have an index (or keyword) and an entry, i.e., the definition---classical dictionary type thing.  All GLOS type tags will be parsed out of the text in which they appear, written to a file in .../glos/ in appropriate ASCIIDOC form, which will hopefully be nicely processed by Asciidoc to provide a nicely formated file with keyword, definition couplets for user-friendly viewing.

Well, that's what I'd like to talk about tonight.

Until later then

-------- Original-Nachricht --------