[Lumiera] what kind of depot for apt-get for a mint distribution

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Mon Apr 9 18:35:59 CEST 2012

Am 08.04.2012 19:14, schrieb Christian Thaeter:
> Nevertheless, mind that Lumiera is in *no* way usable for editing video yet.
> This is just an exercise for future packaging.

Hi Marc,

as Christian already pointed out, these are "packaging exercises"
to find out what we need to do for releases later. If that is clear
and settled, we'll try to automate these steps, using a bunch of
virtual machines.

Currently, I did these builds by hand (last spring, and I plan
to do a series of builds again soon). I used Debian and several
Ubuntu flavours. Next time I could also use a linux mint as
one of them.

Right now there is no pre-compiled version for Mint.
Since Mint is based on the Debian package manager, it wouldn't
be too hard to "bootstrap" and build those packages "the debian
way", based on the debian source package.
http://lumiera.org/documentation/user/tutorials/DebianBuilding.html
http://lumiera.org/debian/

But I take it that you just wanted to see what you can do with
Lumiera, and the answer is: nothing. You can admire a preliminary
GUI disconnected with the core, and you can watch some unit tests
running in a console :-P

Probably not worth the hassle compiling it yourself, unless you're
also interested in Lumiera coding.

Thanks for your interest in Lumiera!

Cheers
Hermann Vosseler