[Lumiera] Building Lumiera on a 64-bit system?

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Thu Sep 22 16:26:48 CEST 2011

Am 22.09.2011 13:39, schrieb Stefan Kangas:
> I have been trying to get scons to build 64-bit binaries for the last copule
> of days. I just can't seem to get it to work, and neither searching the web
> nor browsing scons documentation is helping.  All I seem to be able to find
> is a lot of crap regarding MSVC and Windows.
>
> Does anyone already have a finished recipe for this? Shouldn't the build
> system automatically detect if the host is a 64/32-bit system?

Hello Stefan,

of course this should work out of the box. I am developing on a 64bit system
myself (and in the past we rather got some bugs for 32bit systems, due to
"int" and "long" being the same 32 bit size there).

can you run the build with

scons VERBOSE=true

this will emit the exact compiler command lines issued. My suspicion is rather
that we have some problem like linking against the wrong libraries, or the
notorious mess with -fPIC versus -fpic

please post the log and I'll see what we can figure out!