[Lumiera] Problems with git

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Sat Oct 22 10:11:34 CEST 2011

Am 22.10.2011 06:51, schrieb Michael R Fisher:
> I can't seem to get my gui branch synced with origin/gui ...  I'm doing a git
> reset --hard origin/gui, but my changes for tr1::shared_ptr go away.  Which
> branch should I be resetting to?

here I don't know what the remote 'origin' means in your local repository.
Is that pointing to lumiera-main-repository? Did you do a 'git fetch origin'
beforehand?

Anyway, the 'gui' branch currently in lumiera-main-repo and in my 'ichthyo'
repository is where I've put the reviewed changes yesterday. This branch
forks off immediately from current master. Consequently it doesn't (yet)
contain any of your other timeline changes (which seem to be more experimental)

As always: I'd propose to use a GUI (like e.g. qgit) to get a better view
"where" you're currently.

> I've since pulled my mfisher31/gui branch to get it back to how it was
> previously.

correct.
BTW. Another way to achive something similar is

git reflog

This command shows you the points where your current branch head was previously.
It's just an informational listing; you could then pick one from the list and
git-reset to this point