[Lumiera] GUI boost::shared_pointer to std::tr1

Michael R Fisher mfisher31 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:09:04 CEST 2011

I have a first draft of this particular switch in mfisher31/gui ...
Almost there, but not quite.  All boost::shared_ptr's and weak_ptr's are
replaced with std::tr1.  ParentTrack was relying on
boost::enable_shared_from_this which provided a shared_from_this()
method.  This needs reinvented.

My idea of how to return a constant 'this' in tr1::shared_ptr form
doesn't work.  You'll see in my gui branch that I tried in a non-const
fashion (this is where I left it).  Still doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Hopefully this little hurdle will be a good learning experience.
Something like this has to be easy.  It can't imagine it's something
terribly difficult.

The plan on my end is to only work on this specific thing, then once it
is done I'll merge it into the other branches of mine.