[Lumiera] GDL question

Michael R Fisher mfisher31 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 19:47:03 CEST 2011

Hey guys,

Tons of gui code discovery happening over my way. Progress is good and
I'm really beginning get a fuller understanding of how the gui system
works.

I've made it to the panel manager and workspace.  I'm actually not
linking against the gdl-package provided on lumiera.org.  I'm using the
regular ol' libgdl-1.0 through apt-get on Ubuntu 10.10.  Seems to be
working fine.

Also, is there any reason that the panel docking system isn't using the
C++ bindings for GDL?

https://github.com/Fabo/gdlmm

There's also a zip package hosted on gnome.org somewhere.  I was able to
build no problem on my machine here.  Seems to be stable.  After looking
through the panel sources, it doesn't seem like it would be terribly
difficult to switch to gdlmm.  ( I say that now, hehe )

-Mike