[Lumiera] parallel2012 Conference in Karlsruhe

Benny Lyons Benny.Lyons at gmx.net
Fri Dec 23 15:05:01 CET 2011

Afternoon Christian,

>  http://www.parallel2012.de/
Interesting. I really wouldn't mind going; I could get the company to cough up for that stiff price, but then I'd have to take charge of  something I'm not at all interested here in.

I was wondering how Lumiera implements threads.  Unavoidable for a project like Lumiera.  That much overused euphemism 'scalability' often means 'get your threads right, otherwise the application will be a CPU hog; or won't properly run at all!

I haven't really seen any concurrency stuff in the source: although I haven't looked closely enough.  Has such stuff been implemented per thread basis; or is there an API?  I've very recently been looking into OpenMP:

    https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/openMP/#Introduction
    http://openmp.org/wp/resources/#Tutorials

Interesting area and definitely something we've got to get right.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Benny