[Lumiera] parallel2012 Conference in Karlsruhe

Odin odin.omdal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 12:48:44 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Christian Thaeter <ct at pipapo.org> wrote:
> I just noticed that there will be a very interesting conference in
> Karlsruhe (my hometown) in 2012
>  http://www.parallel2012.de/

One of my friends may be going. He's a researcher and is normally
traveling around on many parallellism conferences. He is developing
and researching massive parallell systems for media processing and has
written a few papers on it. I've spoke to him about Lumiera several
times, and he's quite interested in finding possible uses for it.

I said we're always interested in being a test bed if he comes to the
point of needing that. But right now he's applying the state for
funding; and it had some requirements this year which doesn't fit a
video editor very well. And he kinda has to make his project fit into
the applicant process; the research department (or whatsitsname)
chooses what to focus on, and they have to massage the project into
something remotely relevant.

I'll ask him about it next time I see him at our hackspace.
--
Beste helsing,
Odin Hørthe Omdal <odin.omdal at gmail.com>