[Lumiera] Lumiera philosophy: Design a car beginning by the engine?

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Fri Oct 29 00:55:21 CEST 2010

John Griffiths schrieb:
> Maintainability in the design and writing of Lumiera must be an integral part
> of the thought process. Also comments should be prolific; the function of a
> method may be obvious to the writer and totally obscure to someone trying to
> debug it later. I do not know if the developers are using or plan to use a
> developer documentation tool, but Doxygen with the classes and method calls
> graphically and hyper linked sure make following the flow of a program
> easier.

Hi John,
absolutely, can't agree more...
Besides documentation, it's also important to build the APIs in a way
that prospective clients of that API don't have to "open the box" in
order to understand how to use the interface. Besides that, I think
that at times good written tests can be the best documentation.

Cheers,
Hermann V.

PS: Our Doxygen is here: http://lumiera.org/doxy/