[Lumiera] Understanding lumiera view

Christian Thaeter ct at pipapo.org
Mon Oct 25 03:46:12 CEST 2010

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 21:27:43 -0400
Roland <wildhostile at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't understand the diagram.
Which diagram?

> My intention restarting the discussion about the GUI was to
> understand why GUI designers (well anyone who wants to consider this
> task) should have to wait until discussions on the core engine go
> further...
>
> Even if I didn't agree with the method at first... Do you design a
> car for example by beginning by the engine? ...I understand that it
> can lead to other ways to work with media (maybe). In particular, you
> seem to see Lumiera as a sort of programming language (as Hendrik
> Boom suggested it) that would be graphical. But how far graphically

I agree, we should keep the GUI discussion running. Someone who wants
to specify how we needs to understand the engine at least a little bit
(we don't want to do a diesel engine for a sports car). But there are
certainly some (a lot!) things which should be discussed in a ongoing
way. We (core developers) can then explain how this things could be
solved with our engine design and/or we may still adapt the engine to
this. We just need input!