[Lumiera] BJMR's GUI mockup/brainstorm

Graham Evans gray at karricountry.com.au
Sun Oct 10 17:19:07 CEST 2010

roland schrieb:
>> >  >  I see that effects need four things: - A place to store them, - A place to
>> >  >  change their parameters, - A way to see them when they are added on a clip -
>> >  >  A way to see that their parameters change along the time.

Having used a few different multi-track editors including Cinelerra and
Ardor, and played a tiny bit with Pro Tools, I would say my favourite
GUI/FX plugin implementation of fx is Ableton Live. It packs a massive
capability into an intuitive interface (Ableton "arrangement view" is
more relevant to lumiera than "session view").

One thing is that the fx parameter control panels are a standard height
so they can be stacked horizontally on a horizontal scrolling space at
the bottom of the screen, yet each fx still has its own look, feel and
different types of widgets and graphs going on.

At the 8:00 mark you can see some of the fx starting to line up nicely
along the bottom: http://www.ableton.com/live?a=what_is

...as well as graphs of some parameters changing over time on the top
part of the screen.

Graham