[Lumiera] BJMR's GUI mockup/brainstorm

roland wildhostile at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 11:16:01 CEST 2010

Brian Rytel <tesla.pictures at ...> writes:

> In this mockup, I did not account for many niceties such as effects editors,
audio mixers, video setting etc.However I would consider a 'quick menu' like
that of the transitions, and likely a tab somewhere for the larger more
extensive list (like Avid, FCP, Premiere).There hasn't been significant and
conclusive brainstorming on details like the effects editor, which isn't to say
we don't have a number of archived ideas, rather they are just thoughts as they
occurred and haven't been made into as full a discussion as for example the
timeline.Ideas are welcome, but it will help to have a better idea of the
underlying architecture for effects before overdeveloping a GUI idea.And as a
note: I simply sat down one day a put together a mockup trying not to contradict
any of the design ideas that exist. I am rather surprised so many have reacted
to it as some sort of draft for a real GUI, but I appreciate them taking the
work and Lumiera seriously.B.J.M.R.
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:53 PM, roland <wildhostile <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian Rytel <tesla.drummer <at> ...> writes:
> >

> > Just a little mock-up/brainstorm. I tried to incorporate the pre-existing GUI
> ideas already floating around.B.J.M.R.
> >

> > Hi,
> In this mockup, how do you deal with effects?

I only use Cinelerra. That's the only "advanced" video editor I know. So what I
can say is based on my Cinelerra user experience.

I see that effects need four things:
- A place to store them,
- A place to change their parameters,
- A way to see them when they are added on a clip
- A way to see that their parameters change along the time.