[Lumiera] BJMR's GUI mockup/brainstorm

Brian Rytel tesla.pictures at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 06:11:03 CEST 2010

In this mockup, I did not account for many niceties such as effects editors,
audio mixers, video setting etc.

However I would consider a 'quick menu' like that of the transitions, and
likely a tab somewhere for the larger more extensive list (like Avid, FCP,
Premiere).

There hasn't been significant and conclusive brainstorming on details like
the effects editor, which isn't to say we don't have a number of archived
ideas, rather they are just thoughts as they occurred and haven't been made
into as full a discussion as for example the timeline.

Ideas are welcome, but it will help to have a better idea of the underlying
architecture for effects before overdeveloping a GUI idea.

And as a note: I simply sat down one day a put together a mockup trying not
to contradict any of the design ideas that exist. I am rather surprised so
many have reacted to it as some sort of draft for a real GUI, but I
appreciate them taking the work and Lumiera seriously.

B.J.M.R.