[Lumiera] Fw: [piksel] [ANN] Linux Audio Conference 2011

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon Oct 4 14:12:48 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 01:49:34PM +0200, Christian Thaeter wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 18:42:07 +0200
> From: Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org>
> To: piksel at piksel.no, PD-List <pd-list at iem.at>
> Subject: [piksel] [ANN] Linux Audio Conference 2011
>

> sorry for x-posting.

Sorry for replying off-topic, but this is something that really bothers
me as a user.

> Dear Linux Audio developer, user, composer, musician, philosopher
> and anyone else interested, you are invited to the...

I wish Linux audio weren't a black art.  There are too many systems,
eash written to bypass problems with the others, incompatible, with
adapters between them .... it becomes hard just to get audio to work at
all.  There's folk remedies like "reconfigure alsa every time you boot"
and such.  I suspect what Linux audio really needs is adequate
documentation written by people who know what's going on.

It's almost as bad as trying to keep flash up-to-date and working.

-- hendrik