[Lumiera] Quarterly news

Brian Rytel tesla.pictures at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 02:29:02 CEST 2010

Edits:

Hermann Vosseler (ichthyo) worked on the Proc-Layer by cleaning up
placeholder code and reworking the Session API.
Christian Thaeter (cehteh) gave nobug a coverage checker and is working on a
btree implementation, the backbone for the cache and memory management
(indexing).

"Lumiera from Outer Space" is a document that gives an overview of the
application design, helping people to understand the ideas behind Lumiera
and the tools they will get to work with. It is aimed for workflow designers
and anyone who wants to know how Lumiera works in general. The document is
still in draft form, but already useful. Read the Asciidoc draft here:
http://git.lumiera.org/gitweb?p=lumiera/ct;a=blob;f=doc/user/lumiera_from_outer_space/lumiera_from_outer_space.txt;hb=workflow

A sister document is on the way: "Lumiera: The Inner Core" shines a light
from inside, describing the internal workings of Lumiera in more detail.
To know more see
http://lists.lumiera.org/pipermail/lumiera/2010-July/002020.html

Stefan Kangas (skangas) and Guram Z. Savinov (savgur) joined the dev team!
skangas is working on GUI, time widget and time handling lib; savgur is
investigating jack audio integration with the viewer.

We had some great brainstorming about Transport controls. One idea stands
out: The transport controller GUIs become independent GUI elements that can
be attached to the very things you want to control.

Brian Rytel (BJMR) launched brainstorming with a little GUI mock-up
incorporating the pre-existing GUI ideas already floating around. It was
well received, feel free to share your thoughts.
See the full discussion at
http://lists.lumiera.org/pipermail/lumiera/2010-July/001990.html

BJMR is working on the content and style of the new website. Remember it's
under construction!  http://staging.lumiera.org/

Do we need to mention anything about FrOSCON '10, using Asciidoc (old
news?), uWiki?

B.J.M.R.