[Lumiera] BJMR's GUI mockup/brainstorm

Brian Rytel tesla.pictures at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 11:02:09 CEST 2010

"when you click on one video file, it should highlight the audio file that
goes
with it."

Avid now does this as well.

I was able to go to an Avid MC5 seminar today, and I thought I'd discuss a
few things:

1) COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT: Their audio meters were just like mine except L to
R.

2) Avid separates the asset presentation styles into tabs, which I quite
like, as opposed to a button/dialog

3) The included audio plugin patching into the audio tracks (to look like
pro-tools/ardour)

4) Ichthyo: they have a half-way implemented version of the time
cursor/playback head feature we were discussing

5) They have an Audio-Video lock/unlock button.

6) They added a 'smart' timeline edit tool that switches edit functions
depending on where the mouse is hovering.

7) Avid has a configurable 'timebar' that adds additional TC/framerate info
to the the timeline. It's basically just a track that has tick marks and
numbers (say ft+in or m+cm) that goes on for infinity.

8) Avid (for years) has had a big transport & data widget to show all the
numbers you could imagine. But it appears as its own window and isn't part
of the interface.

9) They still have the worst settings/menu arrangements known to software.
They make blender look simple and logical.
B.J.M.R.