[Lumiera] BJMR's GUI mockup/brainstorm

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Thu Jul 15 05:40:06 CEST 2010

On 07/14/10 22:10, Brian Rytel wrote:
> Just a little mock-up/brainstorm. I tried to incorporate the
> pre-existing GUI ideas already floating around.

I have some deconstructive comments on the audio level meter:

- What do you do if the resulting audio mix is not stereo, or there is
more than one output mix?
- Level meters with a gradient are hard to read
- For mixing purposes, the fine resolution should not be at the top of
the dynamic range, but at the working point

Audio level meters (and the mixer, for that matter) should be displayed
in a separate window.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net