[Lumiera] Which timecode formats do we want?

Brian Rytel tesla.pictures at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 23:16:39 CEST 2010

@Stefan, just checked ardour

Having to click to TC widget 4 times to enter a TC location is maddening. Is
there a way to have it take all the numbers entered and simply move them
"over" to the next highest field?

My non-programmers concept:

00:00:00:(00) <- I click here
and input 1004
the input dialog knows only (2) digits per dialog (as it does now),
but rather than limiting further entry, it would pass (10) to the next
dialog?
You could daisy-chain this action for all digits, rather than write a new
widget.

I don't know how easy/logical that is in code, let me know...I should also
note my described method is a convention in all professional NLEs, and
should be considered carefully.

While I don't intend to contradict any current design concepts, CT described
the TC widget as primarily a display.
In use, the TC counter(s) (as there are generally several) are there equally
for entry & display, and have to effectively do both.

B.J.M.R.