[Lumiera] Which timecode formats do we want?

Brian Rytel tesla.pictures at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 11:14:57 CEST 2010

If the whole world had used the same timebase as film 24p or films switched
to another timebase (25) and the dopey NTSC engineers hadn't designed a
frequency carrier that was 1/2 of the power-line frequency, the world would
be better off.

To some extent the .1 mods are dying and NTSC DF/29.97 is fading which of
course is great!

However now we have to worry about log/linear colorspace, GOP codecs, and
help us, stereoscopy! So out with on pain and in with others...
B.J.M.R.