[Lumiera] Which timecode formats do we want?

Brian Rytel tesla.pictures at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 10:52:48 CEST 2010

Here is what one needs, absolutely:
30 NDF 30 DF->29.97  30p 60i 60p = NTSC Derivatives
25p 50i 50p = PAL Derivatives
24 23.976 = 35mm film derivatives
Aside from drop-frame there is no reason why the user shouldn't just type in
the FRAME RATE they want and the timecode ticker to circulate at the number.
Further, we should include a +/- 1% pullup/down because we use that all the
time, it makes as much sense as using equivalent fixed quantities.

What is very important to understand, is that TC (timecode) has a
specific signal
format <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMPTE_time_code> that will need to be
read from video files, saved with the timeline, *output live during video
playback*, and eventually handed off to export/tape control devices.
B.J.M.R.