[Lumiera] Which timecode formats do we want?

Stefan Kangas skangas at skangas.se
Thu Jul 8 08:49:33 CEST 2010

I am working on a timecode widget, as described in ticket 71 on Trac.[1]

The timecode widget I am working on is simply an adapted version of the
widget found in Ardour, keeping it functionally equivalent to the user.
I removed one timecode format that is not relevant to video
(Bars/Beats/Ticks) but before getting to work on adding any new formats,
I would like to hear which timecode formats people think would be
useful.

Adobe Premiere Pro has the following timecode formats for reference and
I see no reason for not supporting all of them:[2]

* 30 fps Drop-Frame Timecode
* 30 fps Non Drop-Frame Timecode
* 24 fps Timecode
* 25 fps Timecode