[Lumiera] Usable state of Lumiera

Christian Thaeter ct at pipapo.org
Fri Jul 2 23:00:19 CEST 2010

John Volk wrote:
> http://issues.lumiera.org/ticket/483 I would not mind doing this with a
> content management system (drupal or wordpress), but it looks like you
> guys are doing want to write the code yourselves. (Is access to a
> database and php available??) Should I use something like Amaya or does
> it have to be done by hand? (And is that mockup final?)

I am happy that I am not that much involved in the web stuff, rafaella,
wouter and andreas (and some other, sorry when I dont mention all) care
for it. We decided once to make the website backed by git and using
asciidoc as markup language with the future view on uwiki.

To my understanding design isn't tied to the backend we use, its just
some css and artwork, isn't it?

If a mockup is final can hadly be saied without seeing it and i really
don't want to turn contributions down. Finally the one who does it is in
charge to decide most about it, but of course when other people feel
very unhappy with it we cant just accept anything. My suggestion would
be to do it evolutionaly in little steps together with the others
instead creating a almost complete mockup, present it and then be
disappointed when critics come in. On the other hand if you working on
this you take the lead and can mostly ignore the whimps who just critize
things and dont do anything :P (Well we core developers and the people
who already did a lot for Lumiera reserve some right to Veto things, we
don't want a pink-pony-style page just because someone did that).

For further discussion about this website things I refer to the others
(who partially did and decided already some work in reorganizing the
content see staging.lumiera.org) and dont want to be too much involved
with that part.

There where also some mockups done by some people in the past but sadly
none of them pushed these forward. Maybe someone collects what we
already had (use the search function on the lumiera.org webpage).

	Christian