[Lumiera] Launchpad

Christian Thaeter ct at pipapo.org
Fri Jul 2 21:28:51 CEST 2010

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:41:44AM +0200, Christian Thaeter wrote:
>> In the long term someone may care
>> for administrating a inn (nntp server) and we bridge the mailinglist
>> into usenet,
>
> Have a look at gmane.org -- it provides a two-way mirror between
> mailing lists and usenet.  All you have to do is ask, as far as I know.
> But it's the person responsible for the maining list that has to do the
> asking.
We can make anyone responsible who will care for this...

I know that and gmane archives lumiera, but hornestly to say i dont know
how usenet works in this details (and this is really one of our least
concerns). Maybe someone figures out how to get a
comp.video.editing.lumiera (or something like that) running, we can
contribute with our server to the distributed nature of nntp but that
needs someone of us dedicated to this job. If anyone has fun doing this
i'd say go for it. (or figure out how to do this over/with gmane)
Btw when gmane is just-another-centalized-service [tm] without a
distributed nature then there is no point on it.