[Lumiera] lua scripting and lumiera

startx startx at plentyfact.org
Fri Jul 17 15:04:29 CEST 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:30:48 +0200
Ichthyostega <prg at ichthyostega.de> wrote:

> Hello startx,

hello and thanks for the detailed answer.

> Right from start, we set the fundamental goal for Lumiera to to be
> modular and extensible in a way that on the large, it should become
> a scriptable application.

thumb up!

> In conjunction with this, there is the idea of an plugin/extension
> descriptor, which also would include running Lua glue code as one
> of the possible options. This way, it would be possible to do some
> of the packaging and configuration work necessary to create usable
> extension plugins in Lua

sounds all very good to me. so i am looking forward to follow the
development and might jump in if we reach the point of those
extensions.

startx

ps: who just now has happily compiled lumiera on debian lenny.
(where you need intltool from testing to compile lumiera, but apart
from that the given package dependencies for ubuntu are sufficient for
debian stable, too. in case you want to mention it on the website)