[Lumiera] Audio editing

Christian Thaeter ct at pipapo.org
Tue Jul 7 18:54:08 CEST 2009

Juan Pablo Bouza wrote:
> Mmm I don´t know IL´dar, from the NLE programs you mentioned, the only
> one that can be compared to Ardour regarding audio editing capabilities
> is Sony Vegas.
>
> I think that specially for such a new program as Lumiera, having the
> ability to connect to jack would be invaluable, as the programmers could
> focus first full capabilities on video editing, and leave audio to Ardour.
> Then, with time, audio editing capabilities could also be improved, of
> course.

Supporting Jack and thus Ardour is definately on the list, no need to
discuss about :D

Over time Lumiera may get audio capabilities like cinelerra or ardour,
but there is a gotcha: Lumiera is not intended to do realtime
processing, it aims for best effort (proxy editing) which makes it look
almost realtime for someone working at it. But there is no 'hard' low
latency realtime sync gurantee which will give some headaches (but i
think we'll solve that) and it is not intended as live mixer or VJ'ing tool.