[Lumiera] Audio editing

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Tue Jul 7 12:38:40 CEST 2009

My 2 pennies as I consider myself more of an 'audio guy'
> You bring up a good point. It really comes to how you would use it. If
> you are just editing a piece and all you want to do is add a voice
> over, music and some effects, then, personally, I don't think you
> would need to sync Lumiera with the likes of Ardour
If I recall correctly I read somewhere that jack connectivity was a
longed, yet not easy to achieve, functionality for Cinelerra, so I guess
it should be somewhere in the TODO list at some point.
At the moment I'm stuck to Open Movie Editor for working with
sound(track) (ardour + Pd + audacity + some rosegarden here and
there...) on already-edited video (no chance to get xjadeo to work...)
> - but a Jack pass through would be wonderful if you are dumping to
> tape using other/multiple hardware outs. If you have created a movie
> or short film and are going to lay lavish effects, orchestral audio
> via live recording or midi VSTs and such then yes synching audio with
> an editor like Ardour, Muse, Rosegarden would prove indispencible.
> again .. comes down to what you need.
Agree, Also in (maybe more rare, yet creatively interesting) cases in
which the video creation is somewhat a parallel process to the audio
creation (vcideo art, installations etc.)
I'm also thinking of the 'virtual cabling' jack provides, so I'm
fantasising about plugging Pd into Lumiera audio input while experiment
with some footage and record (the audio) directly when you get something
'cool'. Does it sound a little too crazy :-)?

Kind regards,
Lorenzo